I decided to join the AMP Academy because of the opportunity to work on Mac computers and Dell PC's with dual monitors; learning photography, video and much more technology. But, ultimately I joined the academy because I love creating and producing videos for the school news, and designing pages for our yearbook. It helps with my creativity and now I am taking dual enrollment classes on campus and learning a higher level Digital Media.
My opinion on joining an academy over having a traditional school path is a ratio of one to none. Joining an academy helps you meet new people and you deal with things that you and other students in the program have in common. In a traditional high school path you might gain 10 good friends, but by joining an academy you join a family.
My career plans are to major in Psychology and minor in Fashion Marketing.
The AMP academy is a community of learners interested in TV Production, Graphic Arts and Web Design. The program consists of Introduction to Information Technologies, two levels of Digital Design, two levels of Web Design, four levels of Televisions Production, Computerized Graphics, and Advanced Multi-Media classes. Students receive hands-on-training and experience by working with cutting-edge technology. Students develop skills important for the professional world of communication and design.
- Students can earn up to 6 credit hours of Dual Enrollment in Digital Media
- Students may have the opportunity to earn up to 24 Articulated Credits from Polk State College
- 38 Students passed Industry Certification Exams in the areas of Customer Service and Adobe Photoshop CS5.
- TV Production received awards for:
- Outstanding Daily News Show
- Best Female Announcer
- Outstanding Reporting and Interviewing
- Finalist Male Announcer
- Outstanding Announcing Team