Bartow Medical and Fire Academy Overview
The medical field is among the fastest growing industries today. Registered Nurses are among the top five largest occupations in the nation. Bartow High School’s Medical Academy is a multi-year program. Upon graduation, students will have the necessary skills and certifications for employment or continued education in the health care industry.
From taking blood pressures to strapping victims to spine boards, academy students will be provided with up to date industry information. They will be provided the opportunity to ride with Fire/EMS units, help work community events, and complete clinical experiences within the industry.
Whatever your plans for the future, joining Bartow High School’s Medical Academy will guarantee you a successful future.
- Electrocardiograph Aide (National Certification)
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (State Certification)
- Emergency Medical Responder (College Credit with National Certification)
- Fire Fighter I (Volunteer Standards)
Benefits and Facts
- Certified Nursing Asst./Home Health Aide industry certification can be earned that will allow students to obtain employment in various health care facilities.
- Emergency Medical Responder is a Dual enrollment course with Polk State College. Students sit for the national certification exam with NREMT.
- EKG Aide/Tech students have the opportunity to earn college credit by exam at Polk State College. Also industry certification is required.
- Fire Fighter students will sit for Industry Certification and once passed will be able to act as a volunteer fire fighters around the state of Florida.