Lights, Camera, Traction Overview
**In order to be considered for this academy, the student must be enrolled in Blake Academy. Open enrollment begins January 27, 2014 and ends February 24, 2014.
For more information visit: Office of Magnet, Choice & Federal Programs or www.blakeacademy.com
- Learn the skills to report the news.
- Produce a student newspaper and yearbook.
- Blog the progress of a fully operational race car from the ground up.
- Do you like being behind the camera?
- Or is being in the spotlight more for you?
- You can do both!
- Report the news or produce the news, the choice is yours!
- Like getting dirty?
- Not afraid of a little grease and some hard work?
- Want to turn a wrench or two?
- Let’s speed down the track building a 1/2 scale race car. Pit stops will include lessons in aerodynamics, Newton’s Laws, engineering design, auto-cad, and many more topics!
- Every great production has it’s music.
- Compose and record original music to serve as background for videos and news reports documenting the progress of the car production.
- How about showing off your artistic talents?
- Do you like balance?
- How about contrast?
- Learn graphic design elements for print ads and team wear as part of the Art class of LCT!