The goal of the Polk Academies Advisory Board is to link the resources of business, education, and local community in order to promote higher education, career pathways, and active civic participation. Board members assist academies by providing:
- Industry expertise to support Academy curriculum
- Assist in student recruitment
- Provide internships for academy students
- Encourage other community businesses to support academy initiatives
- Advocacy to promote workforce education to political leaders and the business community
- Financial assistance to secure funding for program activities, internships, and scholarships
With the current focus on “high skill, high wage, high demand” employment, it is critical that we work together to ensure that the next generation of employees and leaders are prepared to maintain the future growth of our economy.