Seminole Technology Pre-Academies Overview
“The Best Hands on Experience – Ever!”
Southwest Middle School’s Seminole Technology Pre-academies:
- Allow students to earn high school credit while in middle school!
- Expose students to careers they may enjoy for a lifetime!
- Prove that people learn BEST by having “hands on” experiences.*
Sample from any one of the following career tracks, “trying them on” to see how they fit your interests and abilities!
Video Gaming Design
This new and exciting academy focuses not on playing video games but making them! Combine your creativity with the technical know-how it takes to turn your ideas into reality. This is one elective that can’t be beat! Learn how to:
- Design and animate your video game using Autodesk and Solid Works CAD Design tool
- Explore gaming platforms using multimedia fusion applications
- Program your creation!
Classes offered in this academy include:
- Exploration Career and Technical occupations
- Orientation to Career and Technical Occupations
Whether you are a behind-the scenes techie or a out-in-front-of-camera personality, SBN (Southwest Broadcasting Network) has a spot for you! Put your love for tech, entertainment or broadcasting to work and join our award-winning Media Design team!
This academy partners with the Future Business Leaders of America giving you an edge on your leadership and workplace skills. Students will learn to:
- Create graphics & write scripts
- Operate cameras & boom mics
- Edit shows & feature stories
- Compete in Media competitions & FBLA competitions
- Learn software programs such as computer applications 1&2 and web and digital design
Some students just LOVE a challenge and enjoy being with like-minded friends! No easy task, our Robotics students love to learn and love to learn together.